Pre CNY 2010: Jongker Street

Thursday, March 4, 2010

On CNY eve, I was at Jongker Street with Dezmond and Timothy, the last few remaining students from UTeM who didn't go anywhere yet. Everybody else was at home with their families or friends enjoying their reunion dinner, and we are here. There was a lot of people milling around Jongker Street too during our time there.




From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts
Ice-cold chendol with a generous serving of Gula Melaka is always the staple diet of people who come to visit this place. Sweet (sickeningly so sometimes) but balanced with fatty, fatty santan. Right now with El Nino hitting Melaka especially hard, just looking at this picture makes me drool.

From Blog Posts
A small kopitiam located near the main stage, brimming with people as it was nearly the only place still open for business this busy but meaningless night. Here a chicken chop with butter sauce costs RM5 a plate, and taste slightly bland. Like life.

From Blog Posts
I suppose Black Pepper would have tasted better, and bitterer.

From Blog Posts
This place sells pork satay, but was very slow with service. I suppose if you want to order it's best to check with the stall owner how long its going to take, or you might be unpleasantly surprised.

From Blog Posts
The satay itself is nothing great. The gravy served tasted slightly sour, as if left overnight for too long. The meat is well marinated and juicy, but the gravy ruined everything. If only I can tapau some gravy from Bukit Cina's famous Satay stall and bring it here for an unholy union...

From Blog Posts
Grade A fake Crocs being sold by bundles at Jongker street. 3 weeks later, they were still operating. I got conned into getting a pair, because Tim says they looked authentic enough and he has a pair. Well...it's not...and the Clearance Stock is all just bullshit to lead you into a false conclusion. Funnily enough, with all the Crocs logo emblazoned over everything, I have yet to hear someone ask "Is it real?" throughout my time at the stall.

From Blog Posts
I never really liked the dim sum sold along the street here.

From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts
Geographer's is quite a famous cafe, with lots of angmoh sitting outside enjoying cold beer everytime I pass by the place. I'm not sure why this is so, maybe its because of the decor, or the nubile Carlsberg girls. Maybe one day I will step foot into this place.

From Blog Posts


From Blog Posts
Dezmond's shirt says "I apologize" at the back. I guess it's suppose to make you laugh as you are about to jam your fist into his back.

From Blog Posts
These statues are created completely from flour. I suppose the only thing left is to shove it into an oven to bake.

0 comments: