26th of 26!!!!!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Today I celebrate my 26th month anniversary!!! Whee~!!!!
Its been a long run….. never thought I would make it this far. We have had quite a number of obstacles and… we made it!
Hehe


My time in university is almost over. Life is getting harder and the things we learn are getting more and more complicated. My carefree life of a minimum responsibility person is coming to an end. Soon, I am an ADULT *gasp*
It is going to be the longest period of my life. 30 odd years before I can claim my retirement. People often refer to that stage in life as the golden years. Really? Being old and your body not being as reflexive as it used to be, having everything droop, all the abuses you inflicted onto your body is now coming back to haunt you…. Doesn’t seem like much of golden to me.
God forbid should any long term disease befall onto you. Or your partner. When I see an old lady or an old man who has lost their partner long time ago, I feel very sad. When you have worked hard all your life and saved up all that money so that you both can travel and do all the things you had to put on hold while raising your kids, suddenly being left all alone to do those things isn’t really quite the same….

It’s not often you find that one companion who gets along with you so well and care about you so much. The bed remains too empty for you alone. So get more pillows!!!! Hehe

Someday, not too far from now, I hope I don’t have to go to bed alone anymore. I think I can safely dream about those days now.

0 comments: