Thursday, June 30, 2011

Taylor Swift Concert in Singapore 9-2-2011

Yup! I was lucky enough to watch her perform LIVE! Her presence and her energy is unrivaled. It's no wonder Taylor has adoring fans, willing to do anything for her. I've never seen fans so mesmerized by a single icon. True, it was my first concert but still... up to date I've attended 3 and none of the fans were as devoted as Taylor's. Trust me. I.... was sucked into the moment as well.


The tickets were compliments of my dearest darling, Howard Khor.

We went early, 2 hours before showtime but we were already behind some 1000 screaming teenagers and kids. Half her fans are below 15. So many people from different walks of life attended. There were 5 screaming girls all below the age of 12 with one chaperone mother. There were a family of 5 chingko looking ppl, parents and 3 boys who through the entire show, never got up, never screamed, never sang along, never had a reaction. There was a couple behind us, who, instead of the girl screaming, it was the guy screaming "AHHH!!!!! TAYLOR I LOVE YOU! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!". Lmao. It was so interesting. I can see the mothers all are also drawn into the hype, getting excited and having fun. The fathers are... either have never heard of Taylor Swift up til then or are just there for the sake of... being dragged I suppose. It was all a sight to see.

We went for dinner first at Brewerks. Good food, good beer, affordable pricing.

When we finally got to our seats, we were shocked at the amount of people who attended. The Singapore stadium is so huge! It was a full house.

They started with a local band I think. I didn;t recognize them but apparently the locals do. Then Taylor came out.

Taylor must have one of the best showmanship in the business. She seems to know what her fans are like, what pulls the enjoyment factor to the hilt and she just maximizes the experience. Her intentions were clear: She wanted us to have an unforgettable night.

And we did. Oh boy we did.

The background instead of a normal curtain, she has a screen. The screen is so big, even someone at the last door at the back can see her. at the sides, there were 2 3x3 screens, each is about 50 inches easy. that is already 150x150 inches!

Her vocals were spotless, she had so many wardrobe changes, she came down and interact with all those at the bottom and she didn't forget about us at the back. For her songs from the previous albums, she came to the middle and sang those songs, without the band, just her and her guitar. She even did a few mix and match versions of her songs, the ones we have never heard before. Halfway thru her song, she would switch to Jason Mraz's Im Yours. Little thoughtful gestures like that shows that she genuinely wants to give us the best time for our hard earned money. She even took off her skirt, revealing a shiny dress when she sang Enchanted. She sang all the songs I wanted her to sing except Never Grow Up.

The show ended with Long Live. As I suspected, the song is about her fans, its a tribute song, and she played it very well. It was wonderful.

I went home that night, the happiest Taylor fan. So was Howard =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I came across your website and found it very enjoyable. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!