Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wow it has been so long since I added something here. *Dusts off the inches of dust*
*cough cough*

Oh well. Since my last post, I have now left my life in Malacca and moved on to the biggest city in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Somehow, the semi urban in me decides to continue what I was doing in Penang. To have my life in a city but live in the outskirts of the city.

That's all fine and dandy, when the city is but 10km away. What happens now when I live 30km from any city life?




I moved to Rawang, a sleepy town, to live with my best friend Perly Peh and her family while we both interned in Damansara,30km from Rawang. Everyday we would wake up early, travel and reach home late, long after everyone else from the office is at home, fed, bathed and resting.

Life was difficult to adjust to but soon we found our rhythm. Weekdays were filled with longings for weekends and weekends were engulfed in the bliss of having the day off, wishing for more.

The Peh family are a wonderful bunch. I have been so lucky to have ever been a guest. I exposed myself to a different type of family, learning new traditions and habits, discovering different palate. Uncle Peh could cook anything and I would love. Even things I swore I would never touch haha.

I couldn't be luckier.

Work was proving to be a challenge but soon I got the hang of it and found the one thing I could do for life haha. KL was starting to show its appeal to a suburban diehard like me, Life was good.


But of course, life is never a bed of roses.

By december 2011 I was transferred to another project where, again, it was a new environment, new people, new job, new everything. The adjustment period was horrible but I still had the Peh family to lean on so it wasn't so bad. When it got good though, I left to seek a different paths.

I left Rawang, left KL with a heavy heart but I left a changed person, learnt many a few more lessons in life and a few more friends for life =)


So, then, being joblesss, began a very tiring but exciting and fun 2 months of my life so far ^^

0 comments: