Checking in... 10/05/09

Monday, May 11, 2009

Okay people, I am back in Malacca. Normally I will miss home terribly but I will at least have my darling to take my mind off things…. He helps. Sometimes. Sometimes moping is all I feel like doing. This trip however, is extra tough. I ( foolishly) went for an interview for a course called Infosys. Those of you who are close to me have heard me complain more than my share of whiney already but I want to widen my whiney scope – Internet.


Let me explain what Infosys is. Infosys is an outsourcing company located in India. It is an international company that is responsible for the loss of jobs/ lack of jobs of computer science grads here because all major companies are now closing their IT branch and outsourcing to India. (ish) Back in 1981, 7 guys with $200 decided to start a company. 28 years later, Infosys declared a $4.1 billion in revenue! Awesome

Anyway, 2 years ago Infosys decided to start a program called Infosys. It will pick a day where ICT students all over Malaysia will simultaneously take a half day interview, starting with essay writing, an IQ test and finally a group interview. The first batch went to India, so did the second batch but the third batch (me) is the first batch to be stuck in Malacca, Malaysia =.=’’’

It is a comprehensive course run over a period of 8 weeks, in a hotel ( that’s right, you heard me!).

Accommodation, 3 buffet meals a day and an allowance of RM 500 is provided for the entire duration. We have classes from Monday to Saturday (9am-530++pm). That is the classes. At end of each module, there will be assignments on that day itself. If you don’t finish, you don’t go home. Hence, the ++. I have just learnt that my hostel has full online wireless coverage (yay!) but the lab which im told to expect to spend 20 hours of my day there daily will be NO INTERNET!!! no laptops allowed. No handphone allowed. No pendrive allowed! Notes are to be used and returned end of the day. I feel like crying. Its like when I was at PDL except PDL was 4 days. This is 8 weeks. Sniff..sniff……

So in place of my 9weeks holiday, I have traded it for prison school. Lol

On a lighter note, there are some eye candy to help the day go by……

Tomorrow is my first day. 7 days of soft skill lectures. God help me.

Ps: I don’t have internet so I have to upload a few at one go. But it is all written on different days


0 comments: