Day 1 (11 May 2009)

Monday, May 11, 2009

Okay…. I am going to try to keep an account of this interesting course. I will attempt to write a blog a day. Today is day 1. Let me start the entry with breakfast! It wasn’t awesome but it had everything I wanted. Honeystars!! with milk, toast bread with egg or kaya , nasi lemak that smells so good I caught a whiff of it and I was sold, orange juice and all the fruits I want!!


After the hearty meal, we were shipped off to the city campus. We were divided into 4 groups. There were many confusions and whatnots so I was thrown here and there for about an hour haha. I ended up with Perly (whee!) but we were further separated into 5 small work groups. Although we were in different group, it was still great because we share same break time and etc. our speaker will be in charge of us for the next 7 days. Today was very interesting because this first week is all about soft skills. All 4 groups are given a different speaker so we all actually learn different things. Some just did introduction and ice breaking from 10-5 today, some did games, and I, my special group, had homework. My very first group assignment!!!! Lolz don’t be fooled by the enthusiasm. Its fake hehe.

Nevertheless, we had a great time today. Today’s module was Logical Thinking so he basically gave us various contradicting titles and make us discuss then pitch our points. It felt like debating, which I now realize, I miss a lot. So it was a very fun day for me. I picked a very testy topic to defend a friend and I think I made half the class hate me but it doesn’t bother me. Yet. Haha. Im just here to have fun and learn. I have made a few new friends. Too few for my taste but I have always been a slow one at making new friends. I like to take my time. I think a lot of people view my err coolness against all strangers as arrogance, but it is how I am. I can’t just warm up to you without first evaluating your personality. So if anyone thought I was arrogant, your loss.

We kept eating though. 8am, 1pm, 3pm, 7pm….. gawd im fat already. Give me a chance! The foods good but the lunch wasn’t that great. So from now on, I am going to have a hearty breakfast, skip lunch and have a good tea. The tea is great! Would be better if I was hungry to appreciate it.

I miss my family though. Miss my home. Miss my friends. And most of all, I miss my ability to company my darling throughout the day. I wasn’t able to and he was left to fend for himself most of my time. When I was finally free, it was already 11pm and he was all tucked in bed already.

I will make it up to u. Pwomise

0 comments: